- Direct employees
- Turnover (reported)
- Regional Markets
- Asia, Africa, Antarctica, Australia, Europe, North America, South America
- Nuclear Contracting Tiers
- Tier 5: Processors & Fabricators
Tier 4: Sub-component Suppliers/Distributors
Tier 3: Original Equipment Manufacturing Organisations
FAUN Trackway Limited
Light, medium and heavy fabrications of Carbon Steel and Aluminium, bespoke handling equipment, painting facilities, Engineering Design, Build to Print,
FAUN Trackway® Limited has a prestigious history in the UK, with over 75 years’ experience in the design and manufacture of products for the defence sector including; vehicles, rolling stock, marine vessels and aircraft adoption.
Historically, our skills in fabrication, welding and painting converted to highly complex and bespoke projects that included; bridges, torpedo boats, half track land rovers, aviation, aerial masts and London buses. Over time, these skills have translated into our signature product range of portable roadways, expedient runway helipads, and marine access solutions, which continue to be used worldwide where the ground conditions are extremely poor.
Our team of technical, design and manufacturing engineers, coupled with our project managers and quality inspectors are here to support you and provide cost effective solutions. We’re renowned for our integrity and trusted with delivering complete solutions from initial discussions to commissioning.
We pride ourselves on delivering the best customer experience possible. We are passionate about safety, quality, and the environment and are dedicated to continuous improvement and work with world class companies and governments across the world.
Our commitment to you is to develop an ongoing partnership working together to produce your products to the highest quality, on time and to your budget.
- 4,000m2 (40,000 sq ft2) production area.
- Two workshop pits of dimensions 12m long, 1m wide, 1.5m deep.
- 11 large roller shutter doors for easy access.
- Located close to ports of Liverpool, Holyhead, Dublin.
- 4,180m2 (43,000 sq ft2) secure storage.
- 24 hour security system.
- Coded/certified aluminium MAG/TIG welding to
- ISO EN 9606-2:2004.
- Coded/certified steel MAG welding to BS 287-1:2004.
- Modular welding jigs.
- Qualified weld inspectors.
- Qualified ‘responsible welding’ coordinators.
- Post-weld heat treatment capabilities.
- Ultra-sonic and magnetic particle inspection.
- 3D (Pro E/CREO) and 2D computer aided design packages in use.
- Reliable design capability in mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA).
- Rapid prototyping.
- Product testing - mechanical and environmental.
- CE Marking and machinery directive compliance from design to manufacture.
- High temperature ‘baked’ paint booth.
- Paint booth dimensions of dimensions 18.4m long, 5.5m wide, 7.5m high.
- Pit of dimensions 16m long, 1m wide, 1.5m deep.
- Paint booth equipped with two traversable man-lifts to enable painting of tall objects.
- Booth can be split in two for flexibility.
- High solid two-pack paint process.
- Specialist paint specifications.
- Water-based paint processes.
- Electrostatic painting.
- Processes conform to BS EN 14001.
- Full adhesion and paint thickness tests.
- Grit blasting preparation.
HANDLING & CRANING
- Four 6 tonne gantry cranes.
- One 2 tonne gantry crane.
- One 250kg jib crane lift.
- Two 500kg jib crane lifts.
- Transport for ISO twistlock frames.
Products and Services
|Other: Vehicle Integration & body building||Aerospace - Civil and Defence|
|Other: Painting||Aerospace - Civil and Defence|
|Mechanical & Electrical Engineering||Aerospace - Civil and Defence|
|Gantry Access & Mezzanine Steelwork Systems||Nuclear Civil|
|Other: Welding Fabrications||Aerospace - Civil and Defence|
|Other: Trackway - Temporary Roadway||Aerospace - Civil and Defence|
|Mechanical Handling Lifting, Hoists, Conveyor & General Cranes||Aerospace - Civil and Defence|
Welding & Cladding
|Metal Active Gas Welding (MAG)||Min:||-||-||-|
|Metal Inert Gas Welding (MIG)||Min:||-||-||-|
Inspection / Testing
- Proof Load Testing
- CAD Design - 2D
- CAD Design - 3D
Truck Mounted Test Rig
From concept, design and manufacture of a truck mounted test rig for Factory Acceptance Testing.
Using a Hook Lift Flatrack to mount to the chassis the test rig enables full mechanical, hydraulic and operational testing of our Medium Ground Mobility System Beam Dispenser (MGMS-BD).
Design, and Manufacture of Bespoke Container
From concept, design and manufacture of 10ft multi purpose ISO container. Custom built, multi purpose ISO Container for the deployment of a Helicopter Landing Mat, before transforming into Forward Operating Station.
Custom fit outs enable the Multi Role Packaging (MRP) to meet any requirement, including; Aid Station, logistics or control centre, accommodation, or secure storage.
Internal Metal Staircase
Staircase for access to Mezzanine Floor. Designed, constructed to EN1090 Exc 2, and painted on site.
Industrial painting of large steel frame.
Rotating Welding Jig
From concept, design and manufacture of rotation welding jig. Operated by one person the jog enable full manipulation improving speed, safety and access for the welder during production.