- Direct employees
- Turnover (reported)
- Regional Markets
- Asia, Africa, Australia, Europe, North America, South America
- Nuclear Contracting Tiers
- Tier 5: Processors & Fabricators
Tier 4: Sub-component Suppliers/Distributors
Tier 3: Original Equipment Manufacturing Organisations
Tier 1: Technology Vendor including Reactor, Turbine, Major Civil, Mechanical & Electrical
F4N Case Studies
Manufacturer of special fasteners to drawings, in exotic materials, with additional testing.
Established in 1991, Hydrobolt is the UK market leader specialising in manufacturing high integrity fasteners for the energy industries. The types of fasteners Hydrobolt manufactures are special due to:
- unusual dimensions
- working to drawings
- special threads
- testing to customer and industry specs
- specific manufacturing methods (thread rolling, hot forging, CNC turning/milling...)
- documentation requirements
Key strengths include:
- right-first time attitude
- product integrity
- fully equipped in-house machine shop
- c.£5m inventory
- fully integrated ERP system
- industry experience and technical knowledge
Typical materials include Inconel (625, 718, 725, 800, 925...), Monel, Hastelloy, Ni Ali Bronze, Super Duplex, CrMoV high temp creep resistant steels, stainless steels (304, 316, 410, 630 17/4pH), 660....and often the material requires additional testing such as NDT or impacts at certain temperatures.
Products and Services
|Fasteners & Fixings including General & Hi-integrity||Subseas and Offshore|
|Fasteners & Fixings including General & Hi-integrity||Petrochemical & Refining|
|Fasteners & Fixings including General & Hi-integrity||Oil & Gas including LNG|
|Fasteners & Fixings including General & Hi-integrity||Nuclear Defence - Naval Marine|
|Fasteners & Fixings including General & Hi-integrity||Nuclear Civil|
Studbolt manufacturing and stockist
Pipe fittings and flanges.
|5 Axis Milling||Min:||-||-||-||N/A|
|Horizontal Milling (CNC)||Min:||-||-||-||N/A|
|Horizontal Turning (CNC)||Min:||-||-||-||N/A|
Inspection / Testing
- CMM machines
- Non destructive testing - Magnetic Partical
- Non destructive testing - Ultrasonic
- Proof Load Testing
- Temperature controlled facility for inspection
- CAD Design - 3D
Large high temperature creep resisting studs for EDF Nuclear.
Pressure Vessel Fasteners
Collar bolts for use in a pressure vessel on a nuclear power plant.
M180 studs X 4 mtrs long
Large double ended studs in CrMoV steel.